The PDF attached includes examples from research reports of my current and former students involving natural disaster mitigation, renewable energy, global warming, infrastructure asset management, and sustainable transportation systems.
Click here to download.
See the following selected theses and project report titles and highlights.
PhD Dissertations and MS theses
1. Wodajo, Bikila. “Geospatial Analysis of Spaceborne Remote Sensing Data for Assessing Disaster Impacts and Modeling Surface Runoff in the Built Environment.” (PhD, May 2009); from Ethiopia.
2. Boriboonsomsin, Kanok. “Transportation-Related Air Quality Modeling and Analysis Based on Remote Sensing and Geospatial Data.” (PhD, May 2004); from Thailand.
3. Headrick, Jessica. “Geospatial Analysis of Roadway Traffic Volume, Flow Simulation, and Air Pollution Impacts in the Built Environment.” Thesis (MS, May 2010); supported on USAID project and Mississippi DOT project.
4. Osborne, Katherine. “GIS-based Urban Transportation Infrastructure Management Using Spaceborne Remote Sensing Data.” Thesis (MS, December 2009); supported on USAID project.
5. Ahmed, Afzal. “Geospatial Analysis of Satellite Imagery for Mapping Road Inventory and Traffic Flow Attributes.” Thesis (MS, July 2009); from Pakistan supported on USAID project.
6. Brown, Carla E. “Air Quality Trend Analysis and Database Update for Selected Metropolitan Urban Areas.” Graduate Project Report (MS, May 2006); from USA. Working at the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ).
7. Caron, Krista “A Study of Solid Waste Landfill Management in Mississippi.” Graduate Project Report (MS, May 2006); from USA. Working at MDEQ.
8. Sanders, Terrance Wesley. “BellSouth Telephony: Testing a High Sensitivity GPS Receiver in Weak Signal Environments.” Thesis (MS, May 2005); from USA.
9. Sumrall, Richard. “Dispersion Effects of Accidental Hazardous Material Release.” Graduate Project Report (MS, December 2003); from USA. Working at MDEQ.
ENGR 597- Section 25: Geospatial Analysis
May 2008-2010 (over 50 geospatial term projects completed)
Examples of students’ term project topics (mostly UG seniors & couple of graduate students each year):
1. “A GIS Study of Regional Trends of Greenhouse Gases and Global Warming”
2. “Selection of Non Polluting Wind Power Sites in the Southeast United States”
3. “Geospatial Analysis of Wind Turbine Farms in the United States”
4. “A GIS Study of Nuclear Power Generation & Capacity in the United States & and Potential Hazards”
5. “Regional Gas Price Fluctuations in the United States: A Geospatial Analysis Study”
6. “Endangered Mammals in the State of Mississippi”
7. “A Geospatial Study of Obesity Trends in the Continental United States”
8. “Geospatial Analysis of Romania for Road Network, Population, and Cities in Romania”
9. “Geospatial Analysis of Africa: People, Education, Economy & Environment”
10. “GIS-based Landuse Classification and Selecting Sites for Public Parks in Karachi”
11. “GIS-based Transportation Infrastructure Network Mapping and Geospatial Analysis for Pakistan and Karachi”
12. “Evaluation of Need, Service Areas, and Existing Infrastructure of Proposed Grace Medical and Educational Center Bill Collier Memorial Baptist Hospital Vogan, Togo, West Africa”
13. “Geospatial Maps of Traffic Volume for Selected Roads in Oxford, MS”
14. “A Geospatial Study of Fire Related Deaths in the U.S. and Mississippi”
15. “A Geospatial Evaluation of Wastewater Treatment Plant Inventory and Demand in the Southeastern U.S.”
16. “Geospatial Analysis of 2005 Hurricane Katrina and its Impact on Mississippi”
17. “Geospatial Study of New Orleans Levee System Failures During 2005 Hurricane Katrina”
18. “Geospatial Analysis of Statewide Unemployment Trends in the United States”
19. “Auto Plant Closings in the United States ― A Geospatial Study of the Big Three”
20. “Geospatial Analysis of Bridge Condition Ratings in the U.S.”
21. “Geospatial Study of Petroleum Production and Exploration Efforts in the Gulf of Mexico”
22. “Geospatial Study of Traffic Volume along the Highway 49 Corridor in Gulfport, Mississippi”
23. “Geospatial Mapping Analysis of Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan”
24. “Geospatial Analysis of Terrorist Organizations Throughout The World, With Emphasis On Waziristan”
25. “Geospatial Visualization of Tornado Impacts”
26. “A Geospatial Study on the Effects of Flooding in the Upper Mississippi River”
27. “Geospatial Study of Air Pollution and its Climatic Effects on the Areas Surrounding Major Cities in the U.S.”
Dr. Uddin’s note:
GeoMedia Pro software, provided as Intergraph grant to the University of Mississippi CAIT is used for all geospatial student projects and teaching at CAIT. We appreciate Intergraph support for geospatial teaching and training of future workforce.